FacetPhone Computer User Interface:
• The ID column is the user's extension. Dialing this number reaches the user no matter what phone they are currently using.
• The IM column indicates whether the user is available for an Instant Messaging session. A green IM means that they are and a black dash means they are not.
• The P column indicates the user's phone status. A green on-hook round phone icon means the user's phone is idle and the user is available for phone calls. A green on-hook square phone icon means the user's phone is idle and the user is available for calls including calls to the operators. A red off-hook phone means the user is busy on a call. A yellow off-hook phone means the user is busy on a call but has call waiting enabled so that they can still receive calls. A black X means the user is not currently associated with a phone or the phone is disabled. A red X means the phone is out of order.
• The Work column shows whether the user's status indicates whether they are at work or not.
• The Name column shows each user's name.
• The Location column shows the location that the user chose when they logged in. If they are not logged in, the location will be "not logged in". It is the "location profile" that associates a phone with you. If a user just uses their phone and never logs into the user interface, their not logged in profile can associate their phone with them.
• The Status column shows the user's current status. Users can change their status with the user interface. Each status has attributes indicating whether the user is available for IM, available for phone calls, whether they are considered at work or not, and whether they are available for operator calls. Users can also create a "forwarded" status that can be used to forward their calls to an outside number or another phone on the system.
• The Time column shows how long the user has been in their current status.